When I woke up this morning I list the things I was grateful for and then I pray for all of you! It has been almost one week since I had my surgery. Let me share with you some of the things I have been thankful for.
2. Jerusha who came to pray with me before surgery and then stayed till I was out of surgery (Ginger was able to pray with us too over the phone!)
3. Dr. Wilson and his team who did the surgery. When Dr. Wilson saw me in the operating room he started to laugh. He said, “Wow, it was only a few days ago that I saw you and now you are in for surgery.” I told him there were people praying and he agreed that was the case!
4. Lois and Joanne met me when I was moved from recovery to my room on the 4th floor.
6. So many who prayed and sent me messages that I was able to read on my phone.
7. That the surgery was a success. Dr. Wilson said he removed 3 large fragments from the spinal column along with debris and removed the herniation on my disk. He commented that there had been a lot of trauma and it was good that I got into surgery.
8. Uncle Bert and Aunt Noreen who picked me up and let me stay with them at their house for several days. Great place to recover and it helped that my Aunt is a nurse!
9. My parents were able to come to for a night! Nice to have my mom there! Then on Saturday the rest of the family came...it worked out that way as they had already planned to come to Toronto to see the Dead Sea Scrolls and then went to see The Sound Of Music.
10. Dina, Tania and Elvis, my roommates who are taking good care of me now that I am back at my home. I have 6 weeks of recovery.
11. That I am able to still go to Haiti in January. I leave on the 19th and my dad will fly in with me! He will be there was a team from my church in Forest to put the roof on the church there on the Plateau.
It snowed today and I able to SIT and enjoy the view from the window. Many lessons learned from these past several months of pain. Will enjoy the next 6 weeks of rest and recovery. I still will need to learn to be careful how I move and go about but I have lots of people reminding me =).I am blessed to call you my friends and trust you are able to take time to enjoy the blessings in each day. Praying for you and thankful to many of you who have shared things I can be praying for.
In His Grip,
Bonita Sparling
No comments:
Post a Comment