…it was like HOMECOMING
I got back from my visit to Briercrest and Millar and just had to share what God did! I arrived on campus and got all excited when I saw so many of the students I have becoming friends with over the past 4 years. Within the first few hours many were asking if we were going to have a pizza party…like I often have. The next day we had a great get together…very short but GREAT. I shared what God had been putting on my heart the last few weeks and that is PRAYER. Many responded and I pray that there really would be a movement of Pray on our student campuses.
…a surprise blessing
I was able to meet many new students while at Briercrest and met one man who has a growing heart for missions. I was challenged by his perspectives and insights. We talked for a bit and then he asked if I had financial needs. Then he held out his hand and shared his tithe. I wasn’t even sure what to say…but just wanted to cry. Earlier that morning during chapel the Chaplin had all the students gather around all of us missionaries and pray for us. I drove away from that school so blessed and so encouraged. God is working and it is an awesome privilege to be apart of these students lives.
…next stop is a bit out there
The nearest twon to Millar college is Vanguard…population around 150…well that is what Guy told me. He’s the grocery store owner. I stopped for a coke and he ran to the door to open it for me. I was his 5th customer that day and it was already 4pm. I arrived on campus to find students from all over. I met a young guy who was adopted from Haiti but has been a missionary kid in the Philippians for the last 7 yr. Then I met another girl who is originally from Taiwan and is from a Seek background but committed her life to the Lord almost 4 yr. ago. Then there were the two sisters whose family came out of a closed Hutterite community. Now they live with great passion for God. I was excited to meet all these new students and really glad I made the stop and hope to go back soon. I was able to connect with many and even got to see some 2nd cousins of mine.
…off again
I leave for Pennsylvania again on Friday. I will be driving with Lois (my co-worker) for a conference that our US CrossWorld office will be putting on.
I am encouraged by your prayers! THANK YOU !!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment