Thursday, August 24, 2006

He gets to see Jesus

Today my 95 year old grandfather gets to see Jesus.
Sunday night my mother called me with the news that Grandpa's body was failing. For a 94 year old man who acted like he was living in the body of a 30 year old and only stopped driving a few years ago...he did well. He is leaving behind three daughters a wife and a ton of grandkids and some great grandkids and maybe a few great great grandkids. We all knew that Grandpa's heart beat was for Jesus and seeing that his family knew Him too.

Grandpa's perseverance to follow Jesus with his whole life still gives me motivation keep serving Him too. You should hear all the ways he served the Lord. He served and loved people, that's how I will remember him. If you have a relationship with Jesus you will get to meet him. I am sure he is chatting with the Lord right now and Jesus is just smiling back at him with that re affirming voice, "Well done, good and faithful servant".

I love you Grandpa and I will see you soon!
Your granddaughter,
Bonita

3 comments:

Julie said...

sad for you...but happy, happy for him. May God encourage you and your family in this time.

jL

Anonymous said...

I just heard this news. I'm praying for your family.
Please add me to your updates! Lisa

Sue said...

oooooh hunny, how sad and joyful too. Your Grandpa must be at peace knowing his Saviour is waiting for him. I pray God will comfort youall now.

loves. from us here.