Thursday, November 04, 2010

sun . rain . snow...still out there!

sun ...joy, warmth and desire for more!
I wish the words would flow more easily ...at times overwhelmed with all that I experienced during the 25 weeks in Haiti. The internship with Jon and Anna brought so much joy to my heart. I remember Marenn dancing with Jon at the dedication of the new church roof, Ani walking for the first time, Josue sharing his story of God’s provision after the earthquake, my dad coming to serve three times during my time in Haiti and watching Adeline graduate from high school.  

I have learned and experienced what it means to push through hard times as I saw both Jon and Anna face some very difficult trials and come through rejoicing. Allowing God to use suffering as a means for unity with Him and with others.  I was both grateful and honoured as I walked along side Jon and Anna as they discovered how BIG our God truly is.

rain...growth, cleansing and new life
August, I returned to Canada and entered into something I call “CHANGE” (sorry that is as creative as I could get!). My sister Dorinda announced her engagement to Mike Hoornweg, they were married September 1st, on our parents anniversary date! Then I came back to the CrossWorld office to begin working with some new staff members and the possibility of a job change for me. The only thing that didn’t change when I got back to Canada was the room I have been renting for the past 9 years.

Another change was something inside me...
Over the last three years the desire to disciple and equip this generation for effective ministry has been growing. Coming back to the office, I was confronted with a new vision for mobilization and I realized that something had changed inside me. My desire to commit my life to a few people and truly see them succeed in ministry led me to offering  to CrossWorld a new ministry for me. As a result my ministry with CrossWorld is transitioning into a discipleship/ training role. I don’t know exactly what it looks like but we are working out the details now.

snow...pretty, cold and each flake different.

it has not been easy at all...this transition has brought me to my knees seeking the Lord for clarity. A turning point for me was a visit with my 101 year old Grandmother, Molly Davidson soon to be 102 years in Nov . She has just recently moved into a care facility and I asked her how she was handling the change. She said it was going alright but was having a hard time getting use to the food. As she shared more I realized that if I was having a hard time with change now, could I image change at 101? I shared with Grandma that I was proud of her and her big move. I said, “God has you here for a reason, your job here on this earth is not over!” I shared with her that this was like her new mission field.

still out there...
This fall I have committed more time to Millar College in Saskatchewan and developing the partnership CrossWorld has with them. I am committed to mentoring the two inters who were in Haiti with me this year, Jon Stitt and Anna Elgby along with several others around Canada. Also looking at continuing the internship in Haiti, starting again in January 2012.

November my travels will take me back to Millar and a few other places where there are students I have committed to mentoring.

May you be encouraged daily in what God is doing and thank you for your prayers and partnership.
In His Grip,

No comments: