Monday, April 25, 2011

bonita's 'out there' post

A letter from the President...

 Dear friends of Bonita,
I am very pleased to announce a new venture in ministry for Bonita with CrossWorld - Canada.  As of January 1, 2011, Bonita became our Director of Coaching.  This position will allow her to coach all Canadian appointees and invest her life in young people who have demonstrated a desire and ability to serve God in world missions.  Bonita's 10 years of experience in Mobilization and her exposure to an eclectic mix of world ministries will be a tremendous asset to those she will be mentoring through the crucial last steps on their journey.

We feel Bonita is perfectly suited to meet this need and are excited about this change.  Please pray for Bonita as she goes through the transition process and feel free to ask her more about this challenge.  I think you'll find the excitement is contagious.  Thank you for partnering with us as we seek to serve God's purpose in our generation.

Jim Beerley

President of CrossWorld Canada 
















Results? Motivation? God’s Glory...
       Jim used the word challenge to talk about my new role. Recently I took on a different kind of challenge, a diet and exercise program.
Imagine how discouraged I was when after a month there was no change.  What keeps me from not giving up is not what the scales tell me but not wanting to be flat on my back again.
So it is with investing in peoples lives; it’s not results that keep us motivated but God being glorified. 
My friend shared with me the story of the crippled man who waited by the healing pools for 38 years. When Jesus saw him, the man shared why he never was able to get into those waters when they stirred..he was too slow from his handicap and no one helped him. Jesus offered him healing and that day the man walked home. It was God’s glory that the crowd saw that day.
We don’t like suffering, pain or hardship...but what are we learning about ourselves and what are we learning about God? Would I be learning endurance to keep exercising? Would the man at the pool have learned patience and perseverance...to kept trying! In the end God wants to be glorified...is that my desire too?
In Steinbach,, MB -40C

 ways to connect…

but nothing replaces face to face!

This past school year my travels have been concentrated on a few areas in Canada. The partnership with Millar College of the Bible has given me opportunities to deepen relationships with staff and students. I have shared in classrooms, chapels and one –on—one training for those desiring to be in missions.
                  As I learn to walk with people on a deeper level I see God not only changing other’s lives but mine as well. One thing I am learning is patience for God’s timing and leaving the results with God. Jon Stitt, one of the interns that went to Haiti with me in 2010, has been going to Millar with me this past year. Each visit we have 7 hours in the car to talk and pray.  On one of the trips, we talked about how amazed we were at all God had done through us...but we both agreed that we were more amazed at what God had done in us.
While the price of gas is going up and flights are becoming more expensive, I depend on technology to help me keep connected. This past month many of the ones I am discipling and training have been facing some very significant challenges in their lives. I remember the illustration of the tea bag...when it’s in cool water not much comes out...you don’t get to see what is fully inside. But when submerged in hot water then you truly get to see what’s inside. I see God is pouring on the hot water in the lives of these.


Pray hearts would be tender to change and God would be glorified! 
   
 


Megan Ong—Millar College, SK



Jon Stitt and siblings—Steinbach, MB

Amy Alexander—Trinity Western, BC




Still out there...

                  At the end of this month I will be welcoming some very special guest from Haiti! Judy Dilus and her little daughter Anya (Ani) will be coming to visit some of the supporters of Lemuel. With her will be my dear friend Caroline Kassell who serves with Tearfund in Haiti. We worked in the same town in Haiti back in 98’. One of the youth from Lemuel will be joining us, Rubens Charles. He is now working with an NGO in Port-au-Prince and will be his first time to Canada! John & Helen Beerley and Ginger Muchmore will be driving up from Lancaster and I am so excited to have everyone here in Canada!!!
Samuel Bernard, a leader with Lemuel has been offered a scholarship to study at Millar College. He’s still waiting to hear about his visa to come to Canada but we are praying he will be able to come at the end of May. 
Thank you so much for your partnership!
Forever...IN HIS GRIP, 
Bonita Sparling

No comments: