Friday, November 13, 2009

a view of the ceiling...

It’s been over a month I have been in bed and I am noticing the terrible paint job I did when I painted my room a few years back. My time in bed hasn’t been boring though…let me share what God has done this week!
• Monday AM- Dermatologist appointment (skin doctor), yearly visit. Dina drove me there, still can’t drive, laid on the floor in the waiting room till the doctor could see me. A couple sitting across from me looked at me and the lady said, “Are you Bonita Sparling?” Totally surprised, I said, “Yes”. She said she worked out with my Aunt Noreen and had learned of my situation and her and her husband had been praying for me. We talked and later the man asked if he could pray for me. He ‘happened’ to have anointed oil in his pocket and anointed me and prayed. I was so touched that this couple would pray for me like that. It was a reminder to me that God indeed is with me every step of the way. When my doctor saw me we had a great conversation and cleared to go.
• Monday afternoon- I got a call…”Bonita, you have an MRI appointment for Wednesday November 18”.
• Tuesday & Thursday – Physio therapy, still no exercises yet…just traction and massage.
• Tuesday – Endodontist, my friend from my church me to see the oral surgeon. The visit was informative and it really helped having my friend there. It was agreed that I would wait to have any more procedures on my teeth till there is some further investigation on what’s going on with my back and bones.
• Wednesday – friends who serve in missions came to visit and pray with me.

It’s been a good week. I am resting a lot and doing very little…but my time of rest is valued.
Thank you for praying. Many e-mails have indicated have blessed and encouraged me. Thank you for your phone messages as well. Trust that soon I will be connecting again.

Still in His Grip,
Bonita Sparling

No comments: