Yesterday I tried to find out a way to get into Haiti with my dad and A LOT of medical supplies and other aid. The Canadian Government has taken control of all flights going into Haiti. I wondered, "How do you call the Canadian Goverment?" So I Googled it. Four hours later I got the e-mail address for Canadain Internation Development Aid. They are the ones who determin who goes in and who doesn't. So a letter was written and sent.
This morning I got a call from his office...they reviewed my request and would like to help us get in! We are looking at going this Saturday!!! It was a mirical!
Will keep you posted.
2 comments:
FANTASTIC!!
Bonita! I am so glad to hear that you will be able to go into Haiti. Mike and I have both been so very emotional about the great loss and sorrow of the Haitian people and I in particular have felt very deeply the need of the many, many orphans. Haiti has 490,000 orphans and those statistics were before the earthquake. We are praying fervently for the sustainment and peace both for those - like you and your Dad - who will be able to help, and also for those - like some of our dear friends in Port Au Prince and Quanaminthe who desperately need help!
You have our prayers and our love! Praise God for miracles. God is in control, as ever! Of that we can always be certain. Please keep bringing the updates.
Post a Comment