4PM Wednesday afternoon I got a call, "We have a reservation to go to Haiti!!!"
That morning I was praying and sensed I needed to phone MFI (Missionary Flights International- Fort Pierce, FL). After talking with them and leaving my name for them to call back I got an e-mail from one of the missionary pilots in Haiti telling me he would do whatever he could to help myself and the two interns get into Haiti.
Later that morning I drove to Heritage College as they were in the middle of their missions conference. I was so encouraged by the students, staff and other mobilizers who have been praying. It was at the school I got the call from Lara that we had reservations for FIVE PEOPLE!!!
I got in my van and drove to Forest to get things packed up there with my dad. Then we got back here to Mississauga this afternoon.
In a few minutes we will be leaving for the airport to catch our flight to West Palm Beach. My dad and I will meet up with Jon and Anna, the two interns and Lara. Together we will fly into Haiti on Friday morning. Then we also got confirmation that we will be flying with MAF right to the Plateau that same day with all our supplies!
I am still in shock...and as you can see by the time cannot sleep.
Thank you to so many who have been praying and holding up the people in Haiti. God is doing so much and people’s eyes are being lifted above the rubble to see HIM.
In His Grip,
Bonita
2 comments:
I'm really encouraged by this. Glad that you have the opportunity to go.
I am so excited for the 5 of you! It seems God has answered your prayer with a big YES, but up til now the timing of leaving has been what we've been waiting on. I will be praying that God will line everything up for you to leave as finally scheduled! You know He wants you to be there, and He'll be faithful to bring you there at the right time. God bless you all :)
Post a Comment